Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sports

Son of MMA legend ‘Rampage’ Jackson pleads not guilty to assault

LOS ANGELES – Raja Jackson, the son of former Ultimate Fighting Championship champion Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson, pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from an alleged attack on a professional wrestler, his lawyers told USA TODAY on Oct. 9.

Raja Jackson, 25, faces one felony count of battery with bodily injury and one misdemeanor count of battery, according to charging documents obtained by USA TODAY. A preliminary hearing is set for Nov. 24 at the San Fernando Courthouse in Los Angeles, according to California Superior Court records.

The felony charge carries a potential sentence of up to four years in prison, though charging documents indicate prosecutors are seeking an enhancement that could result in a maximum sentence of up to seven years in prison.

Raja Jackson was arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department in September and released on $50,00 bail, according to the booking records. His lawyer, Michael Freedman, declined to comment on the case beyond the not-guilty plea when reached by USA TODAY.

What is Raja Jackson accused of?

The charges stem from a viral incident where Raja Jackson allegedly interrupted a match during the ‘Knox Experience’ show put on by KnokX Pro Wrestling Academy on Aug. 23. He was seen on a live-streamed video picking up, slamming, and repeatedly punching Stuart Smith, who wrestles under the name Syko Stu.

As seen on the livestream reviewed by USA TODAY, the two appeared to have agreed that Raja Jackson would make a scripted interruption after a heated interaction before the show. The wrestling academy said that the wrestling spot turned into a “selfish, irresponsible act of violence against Mr. Smith” in a statement posted Aug. 24.

Douglas Malo, a wrestler who was involved in the ensuing melee, previously told USA TODAY in an interview that Smith lost ‘a lot of teeth’ in the incident. The misdemeanor charge stems from Raja Jackson’s altercation with Malo, according to the charging documents.

Smith was released from the hospital Aug. 31 and said in an Instagram post that he suffered multiple injuries, including a fractured bone in his face and a ‘serious head injury.’

This post appeared first on USA TODAY

    You May Also Like

    Politics

    When George Santos mentioned his family during his congressional campaign, the New York Republican often reflected on the work ethic and strength of his...

    Politics

    Former independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is back in the headlines — not for suspending his campaign last week and endorsing Republican...

    Sports

    Kicker Alejandro Mata is following former Tigers coach Deion Sanders to Colorado. ‘Thankful to be committed and signed to the University of Colorado,’ Marta wrote on...

    Stocks

    The stock market has always come up with ways for challenging investors. What seems to be so obvious rarely works out, and what seems...

    Disclaimer: SecretCharts.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2025 SecretCharts.com | All Rights Reserved